Sunday, April 20, 2014

Building Your Learning Network

I have been using Twitter for a few years now. It has been a great way to learn and build my idea bank for school. The greatest thing about twitter is being able to talk with people that I am inspired by. It used to be that I could read the ideas in magazines like Edutopia. Now I use Flipboard to read my favorite blogs and sites. I can also read through tweets and meet during a hashtag chat to get ideas and share my thoughts. Education has become a worldwide collaboration thoughts, ideas, and practices.
It is time to build our personal learning networks and learn. We can also share our I ideas with others. We all have something to say. We just have to practice writing it down for others to read instead of just talking about it in the all before school. Share it. Tweet it. Blog it. Get it out there for others to comment on. We can make our ideas better by having others take it and move it to the next level. Collaboration is amazing. It help us all improve. Be a part of the worldwide collaboration happening right now. Here are a few ideas that might help you get started.
Twitter
1. Sign up for a twitter account.
2. Follow a couple people you know on twitter.
3. Read tweets a couple times a week.
4. As you read, follow those people you enjoy most.
5. Retweet great posts.
6. Comment on great posts.
Blog
1. Sign up for a blog(EdublogsWordpressBlogger, etc.)
2. Attach it to your twitter account
3. Write a post about something. Anything.
4. Write every month, if possible.
5. Read other blogs.
6. As you get more comfortable, write more.
This is how I got started. I am in no way a great blogger or tweeter. But I am a great learner and I am learning a lot from others. Building my PLN has made me a better teacher. It will you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment