Thursday, September 1, 2016

PLC Perspective


What can I say about PLC’s that has not already been said? Well the name says it all We are professionals and should treated and act as such. We should always be learning and growing as teachers to benefit ourselves and especially our students. We are a community of teachers trying to do our best to teach our students. So we move into our Team meetings to build our Professional Learning Community.  

 I have to say that PLC used to be pretty foggy to me. I couldn’t see through the PLC fog. What did it all mean? How does it work? Can we truly be collaborative when one or two teachers seems to do the work and the others don’t add anything to the discussion or help with the work? What does a PLC look like? Then as the team started working together, we all started to put our efforts into the students. We did our own Professional Development. We learned together, we researched new ideas, and talked. We talked about students. The fog started to lift. When we started shifting our team meetings away from teaching students to student learning our meetings changed. Our perspective changed. Our teaching changed. The PLC model is powerful. It has helped me be a better teacher. As I move into administration, I find myself wanting the same perspective for the teachers I work with. I  want to help them move forward. How I can do that will remain to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment